difficulty breathing or other major trauma, call 911 or go to the ER.
When should you see your primary care physician or go to Pearl City Urgent Care
for immediate medical care?
For non-life threatening injuries or illnesses that need immediate medical care, come right away to Pearl City Urgent Care. We’ll get you in and out as comfortably and as quickly as possible without sacrificing the quality of your medical care.
Did you know?
- In a 2010 study of ER’s on Oahu, it was estimated that 45 – 50% of ER visits in Hawaii should have been seen at a private care physician or Urgent Care.
- In this same study of 40 random ER visits on Oahu, the average cost of an ER visit is $830 and the average cost of an urgent care visit is $250.*
- The tremendous cost savings that will be realized when the right care is given in the right setting at the right time will dramatically impact our healthcare system.
*Josh Green, MD, State Senator ER physician and Medical Director of the Hawaii IPA; The ER Diversion: Potential Savings through Reduction of Inappropriate ER Utilization in Hawaii ; August 2010
You can help by getting the right care,
in the right setting, at the right time.
By utilizing urgent care appropriately, you are making room in the ER for those in need of critical care.
The life you save may be that of a friend or loved one.
Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath. This may occur with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs. These may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or light headedness.
Call 911 - Don’t wait more than five minutes before calling for help. Get to a hospital right away. If you’re the one having symptoms, and you can’t access the EMS, have someone drive you to the hospital right away. Don’t drive yourself, unless you have absolutely no other option. Note: If you’re properly trained and it’s necessary, you can give CPR (mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing and chest compressions) to a victim until help arrives.
Resource: American Heart Association
Stroke Warning Signs
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Call 911 - Check the time so you’ll know when the first symptoms appeared. It’s very important to take immediate action. If given within 3 hours of the start of symptoms, a clot-busting drug called tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) may reduce long-term disability for the most common type of stroke.
Resource: American Heart Association
Pearl City Urgent Care Services
Acute, Rapid Onset Illness • Allergies & Asthma • Allergic Reactions • Back Pain • Bites • Broken Bones & Fractures • Bumps & Bruises • Burns & Lacerations • Coughs & Colds • Constipation • Cramps • Cuts, Puncture Wounds • Diarrhea • Dehydration • Earaches & Infections • Eye Injuries & Infections • Fever • Flu • Ingrown Toenails • Migraines • Occupational Injuries • Rashes • Respiratory Infections • Sinus Infections • Skin Infections • Sore/Strep Throat • Sprains and Strains • Soft Tissue Injuries • Sports Injuries • Sutures • Stomach Pain • Travel Medicine • Nausea • Vaccinations • Vomiting • School Physicals • Back-to-work Physicals • Drug Testing
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
Monday - Friday: 7am - 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am - 6pm
QUESTIONS? CALL 808-456-CARE (2273)
Pearl City Urgent is a medical clinic providing immediate and urgent medical care on Oahu for Pearl City, Honolulu, Waikiki, Waipahu, Aiea, Kapolei, Kunia, Waipio and Ewa Beach.
Full Service Urgent Care Center
Pearl City Urgent Care has state-of-the-art technology to keep in touch with your primary care physician.
Our services include:
Urgent Care - Full Service Digital X-Ray Suite - Lab Work - Occupational Health and Workers Compensation - Back to Work Physicals - Sports and School Physicals - Drug Testing - Treatment Room and more. See our complete list of services.
We offer basic lab services:
Rapid Strep - Mononucleosis - Pregnancy - Influenza - Drug Testing - Glucose